A century-old legacy of Flint’s industrial past is the focus of a major cleanup project this summer. The Flint River is the main artery flowing through Flint’s industrial heart. For decades, from the late 1800’s and into the 1920’s, a gasification plant located along the river turned coal into much-needed natural gas.
News Headlines from NPR
- Dear John McEnroe: Putting Serena Williams On The Men's Circuit Is A Losing Game
- From Film Stars To Naturalists, These Lives Have Become Boozy Inspirations
- Senate GOP Leaders Push Off Health Care Vote After July 4th
- 'Petya' Cyberattack Cripples Ukraine, And Experts Say It's Spreading Globally
- From Drug Overdose To Fires, Council Says Preventable Deaths At An All-Time High